The revival of Sharp’s fortunes following its take-over by Foxconn continues with the news that it is to buy Toshiba’s PC business for 4005 million yen (approximately $36 million). Under the deal, Sharp will acquire 80.1% of outstanding shares in Toshiba’s PC subsidiary, Toshiba Client Solutions Co., Ltd (TCS), with Toshiba Corporation retaining a 19.9% stake. The transfer of shares is expected to be completed by October 1, 2018. Following completion, Toshiba will continue to provide brand licensing for PC products designed, manufactured and sold by TCS. Toshiba Corporation’s press release can be seen here.
Toshiba to sell PC business to Sharp
Please follow and like us:
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Report reveals impact of Covid-19 on workplace technology
- Apogee’s Christmas Charity Advent Calendar raises over £3700 for Crisis UK
- Do all employers understand their duty of care in lockdown?
- TP-Link Unveils New Networking Offerings at CES
- Capita network continues to support East Coast & Hertfordshire Control Room Consortium