If organisations in the North-East deployed cloud technology to the same extent as London businesses, they would see a productivity boost of 2.6%, worth £1.4 billion. So says a report from Amazon on the impact of Amazon Web Services (AWS) on UK SMEs. Among the other findings by economic consultancy Public First are that AWS generates £8.7 billion in economic value for businesses across the UK; that companies which run on the cloud are nearly three times as likely to be growing at more than 5% a year than those that don’t; and that moving a company’s IT workload to the AWS cloud reduces its carbon footprint by 88%.
The benefits of AWS for SMEs
Please follow and like us:
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Dataworkout launches its first film: the quest for super intelligence
- How COVID-19 has changed the UK retail landscape
- The Earth’s atmosphere has been modelled in Microsoft Azure as part of a project to tackle climate change caused by aviation, reports MicrosoftThe Earth’s atmosphere has been modelled in Microsoft Azure as part of a project to tackle climate change caused by aviation, reports Microsoft
- University Print Shop accelerates growth with Konica Minolta’s AccurioPress C3080
- A sign of the digital times…..