Canon has launched a new version of its uniFLOW integrated network print and scan management software.
uniFLOW makes it possible to print and scan from any connected PC or mobile device to any uniFLOW-enabled printer or scanner on the network, including devices from other vendors, securely and with centralised management and reporting of print usage and costs.
Version 5.4 boasts a number of enhancements, including:
- a new scanning interface that works with Canon ScanFront scanners, as well as imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs, and enables users to scan straight into document storage platforms like Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive or submit files into business process workflows like Therefore;
- the ability to create user profies, with personalised options, that can be synchronised across all devices;
- simplified price profile creation that makes it easy to set up accurate costs for printing on each device and create a pricing structure for environments like universities or serviced offies, or where individual teams have specific print budgets;
- integration with Canon’s iW Secure Audit Manager Express application, which identifies and protects sensitive information, preventing the duplication of protected documents and alerting a security manager if certain keywords are recognised;
- compatibility with Canon’s Océ PlotWave and ColorWave wide format printers, so that users who need to print large images or technical documents can do so using the familiar central uniFLOW system; and
- integration with the Océ PRISMAdirect print room management platform, used to control Canon’s imagePRESS range of professional production printers. This enables a uniFLOW user database and budget structure to be integrated into a print room environment.