Electronics For Imaging, Inc (EFI) and Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe have expanded their partnership to make it easier for customers to produce professional colour prints and to bring print back in-house. The Konica Minolta® AccurioPrint® C750i series is driven by the EFI™ Fiery® IC-420 v2 digital front end (DFE) on the latest Fiery FS500 platform to increase productivity, giving users simple, intuitive tools to quickly, efficiently and cost effectively print professional quality and personalised documents in the office environment or workplace.
The DFE includes intuitive Fiery TrueBrand™ technology, a powerful new feature that solves one of the most enduring challenges in office printing – accurate, consistent reproduction of corporate brand colours using Microsoft® Office applications.
“We continue to give customers more capabilities through our long-term relationship with EFI and this exceptional new Fiery DFE,” said André Statkus, Senior Product Manager Professional Printing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe. “Together, EFI and Konica Minolta are bringing innovations to customers that add value to their daily work, especially with the very first implementation of Fiery TrueBrand – an easy-to-use tool that should be an essential solution for preserving corporations’ brand identity in common office documents. Fiery makes getting terrific looking colour prints easy and fast, including the ability to print large or complex PowerPoint® files and colour-critical PDFs accurately and quickly.”
In addition, with the new Fiery IC-420 v2, users can easily:
- Print accurate brand colours from Microsoft Office applications in just a few clicks using Fiery TrueBrand, with no advanced colour knowledge required.
- Increase productivity with a simple, intuitive way to print common business documents in just a few clicks using the Fiery Essential Driver to spend less time trying to print files and more time getting work done.
- Print professionally designed documents in-house without being a prepress expert. The Fiery JobExpert™ option detects design elements such as transparencies, overprints, spot colours and embedded profiles to automatically apply the right print settings ensuring the print output will always be correct.
- Use Fiery VUE to produce finished print materials quickly and easily, such as assembling multiple files into one booklet.
- Print personalized documents without the need to outsource design or printing costs and respond faster to market and sales needs for effective communication materials, with Fiery FreeForm™ Create – an intuitive, free, multiple-award-winning VDP application.
- Make the best impression with printed documents using Fiery Edge™, the latest colour profiling technology delivering out-of-the-box colour and quality enhancements.
In addition to the operational improvements that come with the new Fiery FS500 DFE platform, customers benefit from the streamlined and efficient control and management capabilities of the latest version 6.7 of Fiery Command WorkStation® – the industry’s most widely used digital printing job management interface.
“The new IC-420 v2 DFE includes many additional productivity tools that give business users the power to produce professional-looking documents of all types, from newsletters and flyers to brochures, personalised communications and more,” said John Henze, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, EFI Fiery. “Leveraging our extensive technology innovation and expertise in digital printing, we have created a powerful, intuitive solution to enable office or enterprise customers to bring print back in-house. That way, customers can reduce the costs associated with outsourcing and increase productivity, all while increasing flexibility and schedule control.”
About Konica Minolta Business Solutions (UK) Ltd
Konica Minolta’s innovations help businesses to shape the future, today, changing the way people conduct business and use technology to work smarter, faster and better. As a leading Smart Data and Digital IT Services company, we meet the changing needs of customers with our Digital Print, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality solutions.
As a provider of comprehensive IT services, Konica Minolta also delivers consultancy and services to optimise business processes with intelligent workflow automation, and implements solutions in the field of IT infrastructure and IT security as well as cloud environments.
Konica Minolta’s solutions are proven to improve quality, reduce cost, eradicate risk, increase accuracy and streamline business processes. Recognising there are no two businesses the same, we pride ourselves on our customer partnerships and tailor our solutions to our customer needs, giving them the competitive edge they need to remain at the forefront of their markets.
Combining our market leading, award winning and easy to integrate technological platforms, with our strategic partnerships, business solutions and services portfolio, Konica Minolta is continually improving quality, reducing cost, eradicating risk, increasing accuracy and streamlining business processes for our customers. Our strategy has our customers at its core. With strong and mutually beneficial customer partnerships, our aim is to achieve mutual sustainable growth through technological innovation – giving shape to our customers’ ideas. We bring flexible solutions that not only meet our customer expectations, but exceed them, time after time.
Part of the global Konica Minolta Group, Konica Minolta Business Solutions (UK) Ltd is headquartered in Basildon, Essex and operates out of 10 offices across the UK, employing over 750 people.
Terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.