The “Customer” RL360’s requirements:
Industry: RL360 is a global financial business providing a variety of services to a large portfolio of customers around the world, and is based in Douglas on the Isle of Man
In 2016 RL360’s fleet of printers consisted of multiple standalone printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines and Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) from multiple vendors. This affected:
• Costs – as it was necessary to maintain large stocks of expensive toner cartridges and maintenance kits.
• Staff productivity – as significant staff training was required to train staff on the wide range of devices. Machine reliability varied widely, causing delays and effort to address the issues. Also there was no consistency across the multiple support contracts from the different vendors, requiring additional management time.
Security is very important for RL360, which must ensure that policyholder information is held safely and securely in line with Data Protection rules. Therefore ensuring that personal data is managed appropriately was a key requirement for any printing solution.
a range of offshore savings, protection and investment services to a large portfolio of clients around the world. It is part of International Financial Group Limited (IFGL).
Manx Buiness Solutions Limited (MBS) Provided the following Solution:
RL360 went to market to procure a groupwide solution for a new fleet of MFDs and print management software that would reduce costs, raise staff productivity and aid security.
RL360 selected MBS to provide a complete print solution.
MBS conducted an audit to understand RL360’s requirements. This included the applications they were printing from, scanning needs, document types and overall volumes.
It included general correspondence, emails, marketing materials, statement runs and reports from a range of different applications.
The implementation consisted of 16 Canon 6500i & C5500i MFDs along with the Canon uniFLOW print management solution.
The Benefits of MBS’s solution include:
Increased staff productivity
- The combination of the reliable Canon MFDs and MBS’s preventative maintenance and support has dramatically increased reliability, reducing the number of breakdowns and ensuring consistent, high quality printing and scanning.
- It has standardised the staff experience in terms of machine operation and print driver usage, making it easier and faster for staff to print.
- RL360 now has a single point of contact for all support issues and toner requests so issues can be quickly raised and addressed.
- The uniFLOW print management solution includes ‘Secure Job Release’. This has enabled RL360 to ensure there are no print jobs left on printers, reducing risk and improving security.
- Any unwanted print jobs that are not required are simply deleted from the system after 24 hours. This not only reduces waste but also the cost of having to confidentially shred the documents, reducing costs.
- uniFLOW’s Statistics module provides detailed reporting for individual and departmental reports. This provides valuable management information and helps to prove security standards have been maintained.
- The number of overall network print devices has reduced by 65%, substantially reducing energy consumption.
- By having Canon MFDs across the Group, the need for consumables such as toner cartridges as well as spares has reduced substantially.
For more info visit: Manx Business Solutions Ltd