The Bank of England has enlisted the help of augmented reality app Blippar to promote the new £5 note, due to enter circulation in September. The public is being invited to download the free Blippar app to their smartphone and ‘blipp’ (scan) any Bank of England banknote to see the new fiver – the UK’s first polymer banknote – on-screen. People can take selfies of themselves with the new note, watch video content and find out more about its security features.
Augmented reality fiver
Please follow and like us:
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Dataworkout launches its first film: the quest for super intelligence
- How COVID-19 has changed the UK retail landscape
- The Earth’s atmosphere has been modelled in Microsoft Azure as part of a project to tackle climate change caused by aviation, reports MicrosoftThe Earth’s atmosphere has been modelled in Microsoft Azure as part of a project to tackle climate change caused by aviation, reports Microsoft
- University Print Shop accelerates growth with Konica Minolta’s AccurioPress C3080
- A sign of the digital times…..