Almost one fifth (18%) of accountants are still using 13th century accounting tools, such as paper ledgers, claims cloud accounting firm Xero. To mark the release of its Digital or Die report, which looks at technology adoption by small firms and their accountants, Xero has recreated the Portrait of Luca Pacioli, replacing his paper ledger and quill with a notebook and software. Xero claims that using cloud-based accounting could reduce the amount of time accountants spend on administrative tasks by an average of 117.5 hours or 15 days a year, saving £3,153.70 per year, per staff member.
13th century accounting tools
Please follow and like us:
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Dataworkout launches its first film: the quest for super intelligence
- How COVID-19 has changed the UK retail landscape
- The Earth’s atmosphere has been modelled in Microsoft Azure as part of a project to tackle climate change caused by aviation, reports MicrosoftThe Earth’s atmosphere has been modelled in Microsoft Azure as part of a project to tackle climate change caused by aviation, reports Microsoft
- University Print Shop accelerates growth with Konica Minolta’s AccurioPress C3080
- A sign of the digital times…..